Airflow was started in October 2014 by Maxime Beauchemin at Airbnb. It was open source from the very first commit and officially brought under the Airbnb Github and announced in June 2015.
The project joined the Apache Software Foundation’s incubation program in March 2016.
- @mistercrunch (Maxime “Max” Beauchemin)
- @r39132 (Siddharth “Sid” Anand)
- @criccomini (Chris Riccomini)
- @bolkedebruin (Bolke de Bruin)
- @artwr (Arthur Wiedmer)
- @jlowin (Jeremiah Lowin)
- @patrickleotardif (Patrick Leo Tardif)
- @aoen (Dan Davydov)
- @syvineckruyk (Steven Yvinec-Kruyk)
For the full list of contributors, take a look at Airflow’s Github Contributor page: